Friday, August 28, 2009

Food Fight

Aisha, the Prophet's wife, says, "I brought some soup which I had cooked, and told Sawdah, with the Prophet sitting between her and me, 'Have some!' but she declined. I said, 'You either eat or I smear your face! She would not eat, so I took some soup from the bowl and smeared her face. Allah's Messenger laughed and lifted his feet off the floor. He said, 'Smear her face! so she took some from the bowl and smeared my face, and Allah's messenger kept laughing." (Abu Yala al Haithami vol. 5 pg 316


I love this story because it shows how lighthearted and fun the Prophet peace be upon him was, as muslim we are not permitted to be wasteful especially with food but in certain situations with close family members a little dab may bring a little closeness.

1 comment:

Nammi said...

You get a nice warm fuzzy feeling everytime you read about the prophet ( PBUH) and his family life .
Hope your ramadhan is going well:)