Friday, August 14, 2009

Jealousy

This Story teaches us how great the Prophet peace be upon him was as a husband and that we must remember to be humble with the gifts Allah has given us.

Aisha said: "Safiyya, the wife of the Prophet, sent a dish she had made for him when he was with me. When I saw the maidservant, I trembled with rage and fury, and I took the bowl and hurled it away. The Prophet of Allah then looked at me; I saw the anger in his face and I said to him: 'I seek refuge from Allah's Apostle cursing me today.' The Prophet said: 'Undo it'. I said: 'What is its compensation, O Prophet of Allah?' He said: 'The food like her food, and a bowl like her bowl.'"(Musnad, by Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v6, p227) (Sahih al-Nisa'i, v2, p148)

Sahih al-Bukhari Hadith: 7.152 (The Chapter of Envy)
Narrated Anas:
While the Prophet was in the house of one of his wives, one of the mothers of the believers sent a meal in a dish. The wife at whose house the Prophet was, struck the hand of the servant, causing the dish to fall and break. The Prophet gathered the broken pieces of the dish and then started collecting on them the food which had been in the dish and said, "Your mother (my wife) felt jealous." Then he detained the servant till a (sound) dish was brought from the wife at whose house he was. He gave the sound dish to the wife whose dish had been broken and kept the broken one at the house where it had been broken

No comments: